Many of us are learning android app development and want to make a career as an android developer. Here comes a question that what should I do to become a professional android developer and get a good job or start a startup? But for that, you need to have some certifications and projects. And, many of the developers already did the projects or working on them. But What about accreditation, and are they valuable. The answer is yes, so Google is providing the Associate Android Developer Certification for those who want to make a career in this field.
What is the Associate Android Developer Certification?
It’s a certification provided by Google itself. This exam can be given by an entry-level Android Developer or a Professional Android Developer. The topics which are asked in this exam are the basics of Android. And these can be covered in a short period. After completion of this certification, you will see the change in your career.
Points to Remember before Applying
- The exam is for 8 hours (previously it was 24 hours), and you must complete it before the time, else it will be auto-submitted.
- Must require to install the latest version of Android Studio.
- You can give the exam in any language (Java, Kotlin) you prefer.
- There will be an exit interview after the test is clear.
- The fee you have to pay for Associate Android Developer Certification is USD 149, and ₹6,500 for Indian Residents.
- You will only get one attempt to clear the exam if you failed due to some reason. You can appear for the exam again but must wait for 14 days after the first attempt, two months after the second attempt, one year after the third attempt.
- The certification will expire in 36 months from the date when you receive your digital badge. To renew your certificate, you need to go through the whole process again.
- Here is the link to the topics which will be asked in the exam and an overview. HERE
How to apply for the certification?
Here is the whole process for applying for this-
- Go to the official website HERE
- Now signup with your mail-id. *Remember to use only your ID from which you want the certificate because, as we all know, Gmail Id is the most important thing for Google :).
- Select the language in which you want to give the exam and sign up based on that.
- After that, Purchase the Exam.
- You need to give you ID Proof for Identity verification.
- And then you can pay for the exam.
- After purchasing the exam, you can start as per your time—no need to start immediately.
- You also need to install the plugin provided by Google in documents in Android Studio.
- After submitting the test, you will receive the mail of submission and within 2-3 days if you cleared the exam. You will also receive the correspondence to set up the exit interview.
- And if you cleared all these things, you will receive the certification within 45 days.
So that’s all for the process for applying.
And now the important question…
Is it Worth It?
Yes, it is worth it. With the help of this certification, you will get the overall knowledge of android development. You will become a professional android developer. You will also get invited by Google in their programs if they do the programs in your country, and there you will get to meet some people in your field. So that’s the best thing about the AAD.
So, I recommend you to do this certification if you want to proceed in this field and make your career in Android App Development.
Comment down if you have any problems related to applying for certifications.