Hello, Guys; in this article, we will talk about the capabilities of Firebase in detail, which is consider as an official cloud database platform for the management of mobile applications.
We will discuss some most crucial functionality of Firebase, which can save your time and money and makes work easy to do without doing much of tasks.
What is Firebase?
Firebase is the cloud platform specially designed for mobile applications. It is a whole package of different functions that provides a platform to manage kinds of stuff related to mobile application development and management in one place. Below you will get to know about all the functionality which Firebase provides.
For any student or beginner, the cost is an essential factor to deal with it. Firebase provides a free basic spark plan which a developer can use to manage the apps free of charge with some limitations. With that, it also allows developers to create there own custom plans to pay as per usage or needs.
Just like every application, Firebase also has it’s own Content Management System (CMS). It’s relatively easy to develop an application using CMS because it provides some per-default functionalities useful at the time of development of any mobile application. Below we are discussing some of them.
For Security & Storage of Data
- Authentication: This function of Firebase is responsible for applying different sign-up methods in your app. It provides functionality to register within the app using other ways. Like OTP, Google Sign-in, E-mail Sign-up, Facebook Sign-up, etc.
- Database: Firebase provides two types of databases. In both databases, we can save user information that is entered by the user at the time of registration within the app. and also, we can update our app data on a real-time basis using this. Nowadays, the developer uses a “Cloud Firestore” database because it is more convenient, more functionality, and easy to use and maintain.
- Storage: It uses to store images, videos, etc. We can also retrieve stored data into our app using the access token.
For Notifications & User Preferences
- Cloud Messaging: It’s the easiest way to send notifications to the user. You can also carry the payload with the notifications.
- In-App Messaging: By this functionality, the developer can show popup or some alert to the specific users or all the users depend upon the conditions.
- Remote Config: Using this developer can change the user experience on a real-time basis. Like the Color of UI, it showed particular expertise to a limited group of users, etc.
For Testing & Analysis of App
- Test Lab: Here, you can test your app on the different API levels on other virtual devices. Developers can check out app performance on different methods at the same time.
- Analytics: It’s a tool to analyze the user’s behavior on your app. In the simple language in the above terms, I have mentioned “the experience” to the particular group of users calculated using analytics only. And based on analytics data, developers can make decisions related to the app.
Sign-In to Firebase using your existing Google Account!
These are essential functions of the Firebase free spark plan, which widely used by the developers at the time of developing apps using Firebase. I hope you guys have learned something new from this article. Best of Luck!